Welcome to the final part this series. If you haven’t read the first four parts yet, I highly recommend doing that before you dive into this article or it simply won’t make any sense at all…
Here in this last installment we are going to discuss an absolutely crucial piece to your lead process and that is conversion. Conversion is split up into two parts – how your site converts traffic into leads and how your email auto responder converts those leads into actual appointments and ultimately sales.
[private_Free Lead Lab]
We touched on conversion of traffic into leads in parts two and three, but here I am going to get a bit more detailed and tie up some loose ends for you. Ultimately you need to master two components to maximize your traffic to lead conversion, let’s take a look at those individually:
1) Your offer – You really need to do a good job of developing a unique offer that stands out to your target prospect. Now if you look at what the vast majority of insurance companies are doing to promote themselves you’ll learn a huge lesson. Pay close attention to every single insurance company’s ads. They all talk about how you can save $400 dollars a year if you switch to them.
If you try to copy that, you will lose because you just simply can’t compete on that level. Plus that messaging is so watered down that it really isn’t effective anymore.
2) Your positioning – This is how you present your offer to your prospect. The copy (or words you use), the theme you craft your offer around. All of this is critical to converting traffic into leads.
Now let’s take a look at converting leads into appointments. Remember how we discussed setting up a squeeze page that gets email addresses from your prospect by integrating an email auto responder service with that page?
Good, here’s where the rubber hits the road. If you have been in sales and marketing for any period of time you should know by now that very few people will buy on the first contact they have with you, in fact, studies have shown that over 86% of all purchases are made AFTER the 5th contact!
The problem becomes that most agents/advisors despise following up because the only way they are taught to do it is over the phone and the vast majority never make it to the 5th contact! The other issue is that it is time consuming to constantly be following up with prospects so many agents/advisors prefer to keep pumping leads into the front end and trying to sell right away as opposed to continuing to follow up.
That’s why this method is so powerful because you can automatically do your following up in a non-confrontational way and continue to fill the front end of your marketing funnel at the same time.
What I’ve found works the absolute best in making leads into appointments is to construct a series of emails that you load into your email auto responder so that they go out right after a prospect opts into your mailing list.
Here’s the structure that works:
- Email #1 (sent immediately) – Make this a simple thank you for subscribing message with an additional link to the free offer you made to the prospect. Tell them that you will be sending future messages.
- Email #2-7 (send 1 each day) – Here what you do is take all the common objections people have to buying life insurance and squash each one. End the message with a call to action to contact you for a meeting.
- Email #8-#15 (send 1 every 4 days) – In these messages you want to reinforce the benefits of the product and how you are uniquely qualified to help them solve their problem you identified in your free offer. Again use a strong call to action language to get them to contact you.
This takes you through the first 30 days, the majority of your prospects will take action within that time frame, but I wouldn’t recommend stopping there! If you really want to maximize your sales, you should send an email to your list every single week.
Mix up your messages between content in which you are NOT selling and content in which you are selling. If you do this right, you’ll have leads buying 12, 18, 24 months after you got them into your system. One great strategy to use here is if you are doing a newsletter for your clients, you can send a digital copy to your prospects.
And that is how you generate life insurance leads online. I hope you enjoyed this series and wish you the best in getting your online lead program going!
Here’s an alternative for those who want to get their own leads online without doing all the work -
I’ve created a complete system for generating life insurance leads online so you don’t have to figure out all of this by yourself. I’m holding a webinar this Thursday that explains it in detail -Click Here to Register
[/private_Free Lead Lab]
[register_Free Lead Lab]
- Enter Your Comments Below to Win!
- Insurance Marketing Ideas
- Case Study - Generating Insurance Leads Online
- Permanent Life Insurance Owners Feeling More Satisfied
- Life Insurance Awareness Month: in Your Mail Box and Your Inbox
- A Great Book You Must Read
- How to Generate Exclusive, Qualified Life Insurance Leads On The Internet - Part 2 of 5
- The Way You Handle Your Leads is Totally Wrong!
- Gen Y takes Prudential to school on life insurance
- Tips for selling life insurance