Welcome to part four of this five part series. If you haven’t read the first three parts yet, I highly recommend doing that before you dive into this article or it simply won’t make much sense.
Here in this edition of the series we are going to be talking about the most essential and probably the most difficult to master part of the process – getting traffic or visitors to your website. But before we get into that let’s just recap what we talked about in the last two parts. So far we’ve developed our offer and created our webpages, now it’s time to get some eyeballs on that site!
[private_Free Lead Lab]
The first thing you need to know about driving traffic is that there are many forms and ways of doing it – some are paid, some are not. Each one of the various traffic systems will also respond to an offer differently. Instead of going over every single one of the options available, I’m going to focus on the few that respond well to insurance offers and will convert.
Trust me the reason I know this is that I’ve tested them all!
Here’s what you need to know:
1) Pay per click (PPC) – These are the text advertisements that you see all over the web. Most people associate it with Google, but there are actually a whole slew of different companies that you can purchase PPC ads from. Pay per click is by far the most targeted traffic you can get, but it is also the most expensive…
This isn’t a course on writing ads or setting them up so I’m not going to go into that, but I will warn you that if you don’t do your homework first, you can lose your shirt doing PPC. I highly suggest that you pick up Perry Marshall’s book on Google Adwords (their PPC platform) and study that before you even think about putting up an ad.
2) Media buys – This is the industry term for putting up a banner advertisement on another person’s website. In order to do this effectively you’ll need to really understand your market. You can use tools like Quantcast.com to find out what websites your target prospect is visiting and then place your ads on those sites.
You’ll also need to hire a graphic designer to create your banners. Just make sure that the messaging on your banner lines up with the messaging on your website. Congruency is key!
3) Postcards – Yes, you can use offline methods to drive traffic to your website! There are a couple of ways that you can do this effectively, one is to send to a purchased list of targeted prospects, the other is to send the postcards to your existing clients that don’t have life insurance.
One way to make this strategy even more effective is to use a personalized url (PURL). You will need a piece of software to make this work but what it does is add the prospects name to the web address so it would appear like this: www.yoursite.com/JimSmith.
4) Emailing – The only reason you are reading this article right now is because you want to generate life leads online. If that’s the case, you should be collecting email addresses from all of your prospects and clients. Having a staff person send out a well crafted email to these existing clients and prospects directing them to your new website is extremely effective and it’s the only free method I’ve shown you!
If you aren’t collecting emails, you need to be doing that now.
There you have it, the best ways to get targeted traffic to your insurance offer. Stay tuned for the last part of this series where I show you how to convert these site visitors into sales!
Here’s an alternative for those who want to get their own leads online without doing all the work -
I’ve created a complete system for generating life insurance leads online so you don’t have to figure out all of this by yourself. I’m holding a webinar this Thursday that explains it in detail -Click Here to Register
[/private_Free Lead Lab]
[register_Free Lead Lab]
- How To Create An Online System To Generate Insurance Agent Leads
- How To Start Successfully Marketing For Insurance Online
- Permanent Life Insurance Owners Feeling More Satisfied
- Insurance Websites - 3 Strategic Pillars Fundamental To Success
- Are They Quality Exclusive Insurance Leads?
- Insurance Marketing Ideas
- Insurance Leads - How Getting Less Will Make You More Money
- Part 3 Video Companion
- 3 Keys To A Successful Insurance Marketing Website
- Online Insurance Marketing Strategies That Work