Welcome to part three of this five part series. If you haven’t read the first two parts yet, I highly recommend doing that before you dive into this article or it simply won’t make much sense.
Here in this third edition we’ll be going over what I think is the most fun part of developing an online life insurance lead generation system and that is your website. Just to recap quick, in part two we talked about developing and creating your offer to use as a lead magnet.
[private_Free Lead Lab]
Now there are a couple of different strategies that you can take with your website, but I’m going to show you the one that is by far and above the easiest. You are going to set up a real basic page that is known in the industry as a “squeeze page” – they call it this because it is meant to squeeze out someone’s email address so that you can drip market to them
Here’s the anatomy of a squeeze page:
1) A strong benefit laden headline – what you are doing here is grabbing your prospects attention. Now this isn’t a copy-writing
course so I’m not going into detail on how to write headlines, so I would recommend that you pick up a copy of Dan Kennedy’s
Ultimate Sales Letter. It has a great section with proven headline templates and explains the whole process really well.
2) A list of benefit laden bullet points – this is meant to give your prospect a teaser about what you are going to reveal in the offer you have created. You really have to focus on the benefits here as your prospect only cares about what is in it for him.
3) An image to represent the offer – since we are dealing with a digital interface, people need to get some sort of tangible idea of what your offer is. Tests have proven that having this image will increase the number of people who choose to get your lead magnet significantly.
4) An opt in box – this is simply the form on the website where your prospect can enter their email (and any other information you want to get) in order to receive your free offer. The caveat here is that you need to have some strong call to action copy here above the opt in box.
You’ll find a wide array of different design options and layout choices available for a squeeze page. What I suggest you do is take a look around Google and see what your choices are to decide what you want to use.
Next you will set up a second page that houses your lead magnet, whether you chose to do a ebook or video. This is where your prospect gets to download your offer.
To make all of this work you will also need an email auto responder account, which I will go into in more detail in the last segment of this series. But what you need to know here is that you will be generating some html code in your auto responder account that needs to be placed on your squeeze page. You will also be setting your webform up to redirect the people who opt in to your list to the page that houses your free offer.
If this is confusing to you, I suggest that you check out the companion video to this article that is on my website.
You have a few different options to have your webpages created:
- Pay someone else to do it
- Learn how to do the code yourself
- Buy a template and modify it
After your websites are created you will need a way to get them online, which is the very last part of this step in the process. In order to make a webpage live, you need to have a place to “host” the website files. You will do this by getting a hosting account which is really inexpensive. I use a company called Hostgator, which is only $5 per month.
In addition to the hosting account, you will need to buy a domain – www.yourwebsite.com – I recommend that you get something that relates to the topic of your website.
Once these steps are completed, you have a live website.
Here’s an alternative for those who want to get their own leads online without doing all the work -
I’ve created a complete system for generating life insurance leads online so you don’t have to figure out all of this by yourself. I’m holding a webinar this Thursday that explains it in detail -Click Here to Register
[/private_Free Lead Lab]
[register_Free Lead Lab]